Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
A long time ago (actually 2011-01) in a galaxy far far away (actually Boston), I started redesigning my website and blog. Then there was this whole thing with the Death Star. So long story short, I have a new website and blog, and they are OK.
But don’t take my word for it. The anonymous reviews are in!
- “Arguably one of the websites we’ve seen today.”
- “Please remove me from your mailing list.”
- “We’re so proud of you, son!”
- “You’re a lawyer?”
- “I don’t get it.”
For those who care (hi Mom!) here are screenshots of the home pages from the old website and blog:
And here are the new ones:
The new site is responsive! Which means it works OK on the iPad:
And on the iPhone (or iClone):
It also has more SEO silliness, so, yeah. For example, I still hate the phrase “intellectual property” and “IP” but SEO it is what it is.
Is everything perfect? No. Is everything good enough? Yes. So I launched it. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Putting that cliché another way, a good solution today is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
Other notable stuff:
- Increased emphasis on ethics: Lawyers For Human Beings: Patent trolls, trademark bullies, and cybersquatters need not apply.
- Increased emphasis on pro bono IP and nonprofit IP. Because my mother raised me right.
- Flat-rate IP fees for much of what Clocktower does.
- Option to pay with stock for IP services for a chosen few startups.
- Erik J. Heels on about.me
- Erik J. Heels on Facebook
- Erik J. Heels on Google+
- Erik J. Heels on LinkedIn
- Erik J. Heels on Twitter
I’m still ironing the creases, so if you notice anything odd, please let me know. Thanks!
- HTML/CSS Test Page For Web Designers (12/18/2012)
Erik’s Clueful HTML Brain Dump.
- Drawing That Explains This Blog (9/18/2012)
Technology, Law, Baseball, Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- Happy Birthdays To Clocktower And Its Website (3/21/2012)
Clocktower turns 11, Clocktower’s website turns 15.
- How Some Top Websites Fail To Tell Their Stories Well (9/14/2011)
Internet marketing is a process, not an event.
- Clock Tower Law Group Turns 10, Wants Flying Cars (3/21/2011)
Or a pony.
- A New Blog For My Birthday (6/6/2008)
Out with the old blog, in with the new.
- Clock Tower Law Group’s 7th Birthday (3/21/2008)
My website enters its 12 year today, my law firm enters its 8th year today.
- Happy Birthdays To Clock Tower Law Group (03/21/2007)
My website is 10 years old today, my law firm is 6 years old today.